Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Best of the Last

Updated at bottom with a hint from JK Rowling regarding upcoming BOOKS (Yes, that's plural)!

7-7-11: A magical number for the day that brought us the premiere for the last Harry Potter movie.  Along with thousands of other viewers from around the world, I watched the livestream from Trafalgar Square via a feed at @JKRfan.

Below are some of the highlights with a few edits here and there to make the subject clearer, but otherwise produced with the excitement of the live stream on Twitter. The tweets without a Twittername at the beginning are mine, @HP4Writers:

***^***

The Harry Potter brand is worth more than 15 billion pounds.

@HogwartsRadio: One of the fans waiting has a sign that says, "Can't wait for Pottermore."

@HogwartsRadio: Rupert on what memory he'll take with him: "I think it might be this." Looks around at the crowd and they cheer.

Julie Waters suffered "wand arm" from filming THAT scene we most want to see with Bellatrix.

"Are you alright, Freddy?" SOB! (From Oliver Phelps, on his last line).

"The brilliance of Jo's work is in the details." - Steve Kloves

@HogwartsRadio: Emma Watson: "She decided to follow her heart in the end. Instead of her head." (on Hermione)

Rowling - pronounced like "bowling" with an "R"! Get it right! (the announcers keep mispronouncing her name!)

"wand arm", "wand blisters" - learning a whole new vocabulary!

@HogwartsRadio: Helena Bohnam Carter: "It's slightly worrying how many of you people love her. She's bonkers." And the crowd cheers!

They're chanting Snape!

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape!

@xtinaluvspink: Dumbledore! :D RT @HP4Writers: Snape, Snape, Severus Snape!

@nadhiralmighty: Ron.. Ron.. Ron Weasley! ;) RT @Mhaey: Dumbledore! RT @HP4Writers: Snape, Snape, Severus Snape!


@HogwartsRadio: Alan Rickman's favorite scenes: "They're off set and they involve Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon."

@amanet17: Love Helena.  Said it's always been her dream to be Hermione.

"This is pretty damn cool!" - Daniel Radcliffe (looking around at the crowd).

@JKRfan: omigosh, Jo is so lovely. I adore her dress. She is signing as many fans' books as she can. She is wonderful!

@Mhaey: SNAPE! SNAPE! SNAPE! The BEST anti-hero EVER!!!!

Not the train story again! Something fresh, please! (The announcers really needed to up their game)!

"I have no plans at the moment. But it's my baby and if I want to take it out and play again, maybe I will." - JK Rowling, on whether she'd write another story in the Harry Potter universe.

@xtinaluvspink: JKR, you are so incredible. Thank you for giving us so much. I'm truly inspired.

@JoRowlingNet: Awh it's Maggie Smith. My heart http://twitpic.com/5mlsc1

@kindamoviesnob: This is the real reason Harry Potter is so special: the fans. Love that we can all share in this last movie together.

@HarryPotterish: “Dan, you didn’t get lucky. You were and are the perfect Harry, and will be forever.” - Emma Watson.

@HarryPotterish: “I'm just so pleased to have shared it with you two, because I love you. I really do.” - Rupert to Daniel and Emma.

Is everyone crying now? (after Emma and Rupert talked).

"Maybe I'll just write another one. That is a joke. I've never come closer than standing up here tonight." - JK Rowling


@xAChels: "No story lives unless someone wants to listen." J. K. Rowling.

"Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." - JK Rowling


@JKRfan: Kristen just got out of the screening of DH2!! Says we will not be disappointed :) More info to come!

UPDATE, from an interview not shown on the livestream:
When questioned, "When will you publish something else that has nothing to do with Potter?"
"I think always felt that I didn't want to publish again until the last film was out because Potter has been such a huge thing in my life. I've been writing hard ever since I finished writing Hallows, so I've got a lot of stuff, and I suppose it's a question of deciding which one comes out first. But I will publish again. And I feel in some sense this is a beginning for me as well as an end!" - JK Rowling

Did I miss anything? Please add your favorite moments, quotes, or Tweets in the comments below!


In celebration of the #DH7 premiere, I have updated one of my most popular posts: That DeathlyHallows Symbol. What does it mean?

Want to learn to write with the magic of JK Rowling?:
A Writer's Guide to Harry Potter and The Boy Who Lived Comes to Life.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, it was emotional! And I don't care the word is overused, like Evanna said, because it really was epic and monumental.

    I'm pleased that although I wasn't there, I could share the moment with them.

    Actually, when you see Daniel Radcliffe nowadays, it's weird he was Harry Potter. Off course he did a great job, but he is much more a comedy boy. I mean, whenever you see him, you have to start laughing xD

    Ooooh, and thanks for that interview, Susan! I'm so curious to find out what she'll be writing next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite agree, Jeremy. It was also fun to share it with other fans live on Twitter!

    That interview was incredible, mostly in the sense that, for me, that was the biggest news of the day, and it was not on the main livestream. I found it quite by chance on Youtube on a report with few views when I was searching to make sure I got a quote right.

    I knew she probably had a book ready to go, it's been four years after all, but not that she had enough to have to make a choice as to which to go with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete