Monday, March 14, 2011

Crowdsourcing

As I try to develop my blog more, I'm looking for a few things/people that I hope you all may help me with.

1) I'd love to have more writers who are also Harry Potter fans to be willing to guest post.  An initial post on how Harry Potter or JK Rowling has influenced you or your writing would be great, but could open up beyond that in the future, as long as it fits with the blog.

2) I'd love to connect with more fan artists who would be so generous as to let me use some of their Harry Potter fanart on the blog.

3) I'd like to know about more blogs out there that examine Harry Potter either as literature or for writers like we do here.  Or just to connect with other great fan and writer blogs.

4) Any questions for the blog -- is there a topic you'd like me to cover?  A technique JK Rowling uses you'd love to have analyzed? I'd love your suggestions.

Thanks for any ideas you can give for any of these points!

9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea. I indirectly ended up writing YA because of JK Rowling. My first book was supposed to be MG because I loved Harry Potter, and I knew I didn't have the voice to write historical romances (my major love at the time). But in the end, my characters wanted to make out which wasn't exactly acceptable in MG. I started reading YA novels and fell in love them. So thanks Ms Rowling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to write a guest post. I'd share my experience as writer who, because of my utter love of Harry Potter, has been inspired to switch from academic and other non-fiction to try my hand at fantasy writing. Let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'd love to guest post sometime. I don't know where you can find HP fan art, but I am sure you can find that through searching and perhaps even asking on twitter? As for Rowling's techniques, I've always loved her easy (though complicated afterall) world-building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stina, Rianne, and Sarah -- I'd love to have you all do a guest post. Let me know when would be a good time to schedule. My gmail addy is on the left side of my blog. Thank you!

    Stina I agree with you -- JKR influenced me along my path as well. I wanted to write a fantasy/mystery because of her, but ended up in YA because of the nature of the story.

    Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter is what first got me writing. I read the first book around my tenth birthday. The magic of the world really pulled me in. It opened me up to reading and a love for fantasy. I would love to do a guest post about it if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke, I'd love for you to do a guest post. Just let me know through e-mail when would be a good time for you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your blog!! I also LOVE Harry Potter, so you know, it kind of makes sense. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please, please, please don't shoot me, but I am one of the rare people who hasn't read the Harry Potter books. This is such a clever idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Julie. I have no choice. I must call out the hit squad! ;)

    Can you believe my best friend and critique partner has never read HP either. And yet, I still allow her to talk to me. Sad.

    And thank you, Lisa! (someone who knows good literature! :-)

    ReplyDelete